- Alvatross becomes the first TM Forum Gold certified OSS vendor in EMEA.
- SATEC’s platform meets telco’s need to provide an increasingly complex and dynamic portfolio of products and services, while integrating third-party products.
Alvatross by SATEC, the OSS product unit of the multinational technology company SATEC Group, has achieved the certification of eight new open APIs given by TM Forum, making a total of 14 certifications of this kind.
This unit, part of the Spanish technological multinational company SATEC Group, employs 25 people who, over the two years of Alvatross’ existence, have developed different projects while improving their own services. Now, in the first quarter of 2022, Alvatross will be the first OSS provider with TM Forum Gold certification in the EMEA region.
Alvatross was born as a response to the demand for convergent services by telcos. A natural evolution of their classic business (fixed, mobile and data) towards the offer associated with modern technologies and the generation of offerings adding third-party products (OTT, IoT, insurance, eHealth…).
Operators need solutions to automate the provision of an increasingly complex and dynamic portfolio of products and services. In addition, they need to integrate components from other partners (and vice versa) into their offering. To do so, they need to have integration capabilities based on best practices, such as TM Forum’s Open APIs, which rely on integration best practices.
The Alvatross platform has achieved certification for the following Open APIs:
- TMF622 – Product Offering
- TMF632 – Party Management
- TMF633 – Service Catalog Management
- TMF634 – Resource Catalog Management
- TMF638 – Service Inventory Management
- TMF639 – Resource Inventory Management
- TMF640 – Service Activation and Configuration
- TMF641 – Service Ordering Management
- TMF651 – Agreement Management
- TMF657 – Service Quality Management
- TMF673 – Geographic Address Management
- TMF674 – Geographic Site Management
TM Forum is an alliance of more than 850 global companies working together to break down all technological and cultural barriers between CSPs, technology providers and ISs. Alvatross is present in two ways on this platform: through its Open APIs, Alvatross is among the top 8 providers worldwide, through ODA. This is the most experimental part, where Alvatross is in first place, meeting all its standards.
More info about OpenAPIs and the digital transformation of communications here 👈