If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge solutions, best in class delivery practices and tools – such as Kubernetes, Kanban and CI/CD – to deliver a microservices architecture strategy via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
At SATEC we work with our customers to deliver innovative solutions that drive value and enable change. We deliver end to end solutions for digital OSS/BSS and network functions and Big Data solutions. Our team comprises of highly skilled people included developers, testers, solution architects and project/program delivery leads.
Through our technology expertise and highly skilled people, we enable our customers to transform their ecosystems to provide a richer experience for their customers.
Our Solution Delivery team works hand-in-hand with our customers to implement projects, from consulting with our customers, architecting solutions, right through to delivery and post deployment support. We use an Agile Lean approach with continuous integration, configuration, development and testing to ensure faster time to market for our customers. In addition, our DevOps methodologies enable us to work collaboratively with our customers through joint development and solution delivery.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer solution deliveries, committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science or Software Engineering related degree and have a curiosity to learn more. A proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers. Experience of technically managing a complex systems integration and deployment project. Experience with high performance real time and multi-threaded applications on UNIX/Linux (Redhat, CentOS preferable). Practical exposure to the following technologies and tools: Java, REST, Virtualization, Kubernetes (containerization), Docker, Jenkins. Working knowledge of the following protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP, exposure to Diameter would be a plus. Proven experience with In-memory databases (VoltDB preferred), Hadoop and SQL. 4+ years structured programming experience: course work + commercial, with advanced scripting experience in for example Shell (bash/sh), Python… Proven experiences with development and delivery methodologies such as DevOps, Agile and Kanban.
We would love it if: –
- 6+ year’s commercial experience within a telco environment. Indepth understanding of telecom networks and technologies
- Are experienced in a variety of technologies, possibly focusing on a particular expertise.
- Have working knowledge of Telecommunication applications.
- Working Experience of Elastic stack including logstash, metricbeat/filebeat.
- Fluency in English. French will be a plus.
The impact your role will have
SATEC’s Lead Developer will be responsible for requirements gathering, end to end architecture design spanning across BSS/OSS Partner components, software installation, solution customisation & technically leading testing and deployment phases. The role is intended to provide coordination and continuity to the customer and is the key technical “lead” for the team.
Using their close relationship with the customer, the Lead Developer is also responsible for harvesting enhancements and adjunct modules to existing deployments.
We also rely on Lead Developer to drive the product roadmap and ensure the optimum features are made available in order to reduce the cost of deployment and improve the quality of our solutions. Lead Developer are also responsible for the overall quality of solution deliverables, technical team leading and customer satisfaction.
We are keen to bring into the team an experienced Lead Developer who is passionate about solving complex problems and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings. It is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for a reasonable level of travel in the region.
The skills you bring to the team
- Above all else, you can demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills for effective dialogue with colleagues on a project team and with customers.
- You have previous customer management experience.
- Ability to brainstorm enhancement with the customer with the objective of harvesting the already deployed Solutions. Present the benefit and how these will reduce the pain.
- You have a clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these;
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions;
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options;
- Ability to build and foster the technical relationship with the customers at all levels including C-Level representatives.
- Ability to drive technical teams through task definition and assignment in conjunction a Project Manager.
Availability to travel to South Africa during periods that could exceed 6 months is a must.