At SATEC – a 30-year-old Spanish Multinational System Integrator, we are planning to build a new stack of products within the Telecom environment. We have successfully built several BSS/OSS solutions and we need someone to help us convert these solutions into products and transform our mental approach from ‘one-shot project-mode’ to ‘product-mode’.
This is why we are looking for a mature Product Owner with solid experience in nurturing digital tools. A pro of prioritisation and communication who can liaise between the business stakeholders, the users and our development team to and make sure that every item on the backlog brings real value to the current and future users.
What you will do:
The Product Owner is responsible for converting this isolated successful development/project into a Product within a Scrum team. You will collaborate both within the development team and together with a Product Manager, Business Analysts and Build business cases to prioritize features through market research and competitive analysis.
- Manage and align product road-map with customers, and client stakeholders
- Collaborate with the designers, architects and engineers to iterate on the MVP scope.
- Manage product backlog with well-groomed user stories that are easy for the engineers to estimate
- Communicate the value of the product or new features to internal and external audiences
- Establishes product vision for complex and high impact products incorporating leading-edge technologies
- Recognizes and prioritizes the most important work for product teams (short-term and long-term work)
- Responsible for working with team(s) to surface and implement / address improvements / remove impediments that have implications across the department
- Balances trade-offs among product value, design and technology
- Acts as the voice of the customer, interfacing with enterprise leaders as an advocate for your product
- Identifies audience, user groups, needs and feature requirements.
- Aligns user needs and business value while streamlining and championing delivery channels for product delivery. Includes technical and go-to-market delivery.
- Develops feature requirements and acceptance criteria while acting as final release gatekeeper for new functionality
- Define and launch minimum viable products, adding key features/requirements incrementally
What we expect from you:
- 3-4 years of experience as a Product Owner within a Scrum team ideally in B2B
- Experience in an international environment
- Self-starter and getting-things-done mentality
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Eagerness to learn
- Strong communication and social skills
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Full-time availability
- Willing to travel up to 10%
- University-level education, M.Eng Computer or Telecom Engineering preferred
What you can expect from us:
- Corporate Entrepreneurship inside a 30-year-old System Integrator
- Open space in a modern office in Madrid
- Lots of possibilities for professional development
- International team
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Competitive compensation package