If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge software solutions, using best in class delivery practices and tooling via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
The Solution Delivery team acts as trusted partners to deliver innovative end to end solutions for digital OSS/BSS and network functions, that drive value and enable change. We work hand-in-hand with our global customers to implement strategic, complex technology projects; from consulting with our customers, architecting solutions, right through to deployment and post-deployment engagement. As a team of highly-skilled, driven technologists we have a proud track record of delivering innovative and strategic solutions to enable our customer’s success. We regularly engage with high-profile customer-facing roles and internal stakeholders across the entire business in SATEC.
What is the expertise needed for this opportunity?
The ideal person for our team will be experienced in customer deployments / projects and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people. You will have a relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more. A proven track record of delivering complex solutions to multiple customers, from defining requirements to deploying a solution. Previous experience in using different programming languages, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Shell etc is essential and knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols is strongly desirable. Experience of developing solutions using best-in-class tooling, such as IDEs, source code and deployment control systems, automated build and test systems is also essential, as is an analytical approach to problem solving.
We would love it if: –
- An understanding of telecommunications environments, in particular within the Policy and Charging domains is a plus, as is broader knowledge of the BSS environment.You are familiar with cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines – incorporating technologies like Docker and Kubernetes;
- You have experience working in an agile development environment
The impact your role will have
- You will join a team that is deploying cutting edge software solutions and integrates them with our customer & partner systems. We are keen to bring into the team an experienced engineer who is passionate about solving complex problems, thrives in a fast paced, demanding environment and is eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push forward with our innovative offerings. A professional with an appreciation of the wider field of technology outside his/her own specialisation. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels in the region.
The skills you bring to the team
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time;
- You have a clear ability to set technical priorities and are comfortable making decisions on how best to deliver these;
- An ability to influence key stakeholders and get buy in on technical decisions;
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge;
- Collaborate effectively in a team and open to exploring all technical design options;
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team;
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
Availability to travel to South Africa during periods that could exceed 6 months is a must.